How to Prevent Porch Theft!
Posted on 20 November 2019
The holiday season is coming up fast, and even though it’s a time for joy and merriment, there’s some party poopers out there ruining the fun. With online shopping getting more and more popular every year, package theft from porches is increasing.
With that in mind, we wanted to provide some tips on how you can prevent it from happening to you, and what we can offer to help out! These tips aren’t just for ordering with Arda Wigs Canada, they’re useful for any online purchases you may make.
What can you do as a customer?
- Send your order to a “secure” shipping address. This means any address you know receives mail safely and successfully. Canada Post recommends detached/semi-detached homes, or sending to someone you know will be home to receive the delivery! Make sure the addressee is their name and not yours, or write “Care of ___” in the “Company” section of the shipping address. You could also have it sent to your workplace, if permitted by your employer.
- Let other residents in your home know you’re expecting a package, so it doesn’t accidentally get turned away (but make sure it’s not revealing any big surprise ;D). This also applies to if you live in a building with concierge service. If the addressee is not listed as a resident of the unit, some concierges may reject the delivery.
- If you know your order is being delivered with Canada Post (note: all of our shipping options that aren’t FedEx or UPS are shipped with Canada Post), and you’re eligible, you can select your delivery preference after it ships. Click here to learn more! The Canada Post courier handling the package does their best to honour it, but they cannot guarantee it.
- If you’re Canadian, you can sign up for Flex Delivery with Canada Post. You have to make an account with them in order to do so. This is a free service where you can have any parcels shipped with Canada Post delivered directly to a post office of your own choosing. Click here to learn more.
What can Arda Wigs Canada do?
We can do the following, upon request*:
- If your order is shipped with Canada Post, we can add a “Signature Required” to the delivery. This is an “indirect” signature, so Canada Post does not require the recipient on the box to sign for it, just someone in the residence at the provided address. If no one is available, they will leave a notice, and it will go to the post office indicated on the card.
- If your order is shipped with FedEx, we can add either a “Indirect Signature Required” or “Direct Signature Required” to the delivery. Indirect means any resident at the provided address, or a neighbour. Direct means it must be the recipient on the shipping label. If you know you won’t be available, please submit the addressee as whomever is signing for the package, or put “Care Of ____” in the “Company” line of the shipping address.
* Please note that these options may not be available for international orders, as fulfillment would need to be done by the receiving courier.
If you’d like us to add any extra delivery requirements for you, please either leave a note on your order (this is done in the cart, before going through the checkout), or emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “ORDER #[ _____ ] Signature Required” after placing your order, so that our warehouse staff know to change this for you!
From all of here at Arda Wigs Canada, we wish you the happiest of holidays, and send the strongest of vibes that all your parcels are delivered safely!